Monday, March 6, 2017

Architecture from the City

This might possibly have to be updated from time to time.  I have been excited to discover new and different architectural awesomeness...

I think most people KNOW what this is... White Castle

EVEN their trash storage building is in theme.

This is the NO TELL MOTEL and what I loved about this place is the little square window in the middle of the windows in each room.  You will have to enlarge this pic to see it.  It is apparently the only window that actually opens in each room

I love the decoration that was used, reminds me of ancient Rome



This building is on one of the 6 corner streets (of which there are apparently many) in the city.  What I loved about this building as it was built to fit on one of the 6-corners - its a triangle with a flat side, on what should be pointy and they made it big enough to put in a window.  

This is actually in Park Ridge.  I love this building.

I love the turret on this building.  I have found a lot of buildings have additions put on that resembles castles and really adds to their value.. but I am not buying and not a real estate tycoon.

More bump outs.  Reminds me of Rapunzel stories.

Something about this building.  I WANT to eat there.  Someday!


 
 
Look at the ornate stuff around all the windows and across the top.


These things that go ALL around the entire building.  I am curious to know if they light up.  I LOVE THEM!

These remind me of the halls of justice.  

This is a typical block... I LOVE the different styles and heights on each block.

More turrets.  SO crazy because they are just in the middle of an old building.

More Turrets.

This is castle like.  They used big etched stones.

THIS ONE is totally kewl.  Its an apartment building above a store.  AND check out the diamonds.



This is another kewl one... apparently they come in different colors and styles.

I LOVE LOVE the round window.

This is a typical apartment building in the city.  Brick and Ornate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.