Friday, March 10, 2017

2016 02 - BACK IN THE CITY

So I still wasn't planning on staying forever.  Mom seemed to be coming out of her funk that she was in (or maybe it was just not being alone ALL THE TIME).  She gets nasty from time to time, tells me to GO HOME and SHE CAN LIVE ALONE CUZ SHE HAS DONE IT FOREVER.  I am constantly trying to explain to her that I don't intend to stay forever and GOD knows I do not!

Mom is still working and driving in the city.  I am trying to limit her driving but she cannot understand why because SHE CAN LIVE ALONE CUZ SHE HAS DONE IT FOREVER. 

HOWEVER, she keeps getting lost when she is out in the neighborhood driving.  I decided around the end of February that it was time she quit driving when she got lost on the way to her hairdresser, which she went to every single week for FOREVER.  THEN once I got her there, she tried to turn around on Lawrence Avenue near Central because she couldn't park directly in front of the shop.  There was a bus coming and I freaked.  I drove home and for the next few months.

Here are a few of the things we did:

 
This is her favorite bakery.  She typically gets a coffee cake (which she has a slice of each morning) here every week.  Sometimes we take it with us to Today's Hair to share.

 
Here is Becky at Today's Hair.  She washes my mother's hair and sometimes takes out the rollers.




 This was taken at my mom's work.  She is busy and I am just hanging around.  I drove so I am pretty much stuck there.

This is Bo (Sung's child).  He is adorable. 
I love when Sung comes over to see Gran.
MOM all decked out with earings ready to eat.
Feeding the dog
 


My Giraffe from my god child
A collage of my nieces that is on the kitchen wall



Melissa made this out of scraps of paper when she was in grade school.  She was very good at capturing a person's likeness.  My mom still has it hanging in her bedroom.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.