Friday, February 3, 2017

Today, is the first day of the rest of my life.  A little about me!  The most important thing about me is I am a MOM.  That was what I always aspired to be. I always though about what my kids would look like (of course cute and adorable), how many I wanted (this varied from 3 to 12), what I would name them (I was insistent that their names would be important, referring to past relatives as well as follow through on my belief that names can define who they would become. YET not limit them to my ideals and desires) and how I would raise them.  It consumed me during my younger years.  I hold everything else I do 2nd. 



My kids are now all in their 30s so now I find I have a lot of time on my hands to do what else I find important.  I have a wonderful man in my life, who doesn't ever think he is good enough but is MORE than enough, who calms my demons and helps me to function. He has stuck with me through raising my kids as teenagers (which says something about this man) and continues to help and support me on my current journey. 


Colorado is where I have called home since 1979 but I hail from Chicago where I was born and raised.  I am currently back in the city of my birth helping my 92 year old mother complete her journey with as little trauma and drama as possible, which means I am stuck in a city I tried to escape almost 38 years ago and finding it very possible to discover and enjoy where you are even if you weren't happy about being there in the first place. 

.
 
 
OK so this is the start of a new journey.  I hope you won't all (and here I am assuming there will be a few of you who want to read this) aren't bored to tears with reading about my crazy trip we all call life.
 
Love you all!  Thanks for making my journey if not fun at least interesting.  I am going to try to post a few times a week.  I obsess so I may actually work into a nightly wrap up but life gets in the way of good intentions.  
 
Come back again, ya'hear??!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.