Well I am taking you back two years. My mother was starting to worry me and I decided I needed to come back as often as I could to check on her. I didn't want to stunt her independence but wasn't about to turn a blind eye to the fact she was 90.
I took the train in. This was a two-fold trip. I came in to greet the newest member of our family, my grand-nephew. His grandmother (my older sister) died in 2010. She would have been over the top insanely cute with him. I wanted my 5th niece in succession, Sarah, to feel loved even though I couldn't replace her mom! I hopped the train the day he was born.
This is my trip in:
![]() |
| Denver Union Station |
![]() |
| Lights that hung from the ceiling in Denver Union Station. I fell in love with them! |
![]() |
| The train was incredibly comfortable. AND there weren't very many people onboard so we all pretty much got to have two seats to ourselves. |
![]() |
| Me, relaxing and spreading out |
![]() |
| I loved this little block in the country in Iowa. The train tracks ran on both sides of this property and came together to the left of this pic to form a V on it's side. |
![]() |
| Water Water everywhere |
![]() |
| I want to say this was the Mississippi but I suspect it was just a very kewl bridge that I wanted a picture of. |
![]() |
| I wanted to show how much you can see in the "observation car" |
![]() |
| Very comfy and lots of people to talk to |
![]() |
| You can even go downstairs, a crazy, tiny little claustrophobic nightmare of a staircase |
![]() |
| A very kewl pic as we got into Illinois |
![]() | ||
I have an obsession with tiny towns, farm towns and anything that isn't CITY
|
![]() |
| MJ - The reason for THIS VISIT |
![]() |
| My 5th Niece |
![]() |
| Great Auntie Marg & MJ |















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.